We cannot overemphasize the importance of having a Project Manager for any construction or renovation project. They are the ones who turn the design concept into reality.
By managing the budget, schedule and overall logistics, as well as ensuring that all parties are coordinated throughout the construction process, a good project manager can save clients thousands of dollars in costly construction mistakes or delays. We are happy to have veteran Project Manager, Peter Kaplan, at the helm. His experience working in high-end New York City construction companies makes him a key member of our design team. His duties include:
- Establishing the budget
- Establishing the schedule
- Gaining building approval, with submission of relevant paperwork and drawings
- Bidding out jobs to contractors
- Coordination of subcontractors
- Supervision of onsite work
- Ongoing management of job budget and job schedule
- Management of change orders
- Coordination of all deliveries
- Quality control of finished work
- Interfacing with clients, design team, building management, Building Departments, contractors, neighbors and all other relevant parties throughout the project to insure a successful outcome, with amicable relationships maintained.